I’m definitely on a peanut butter kick right now. I’ve been living off this peanut sauce … and peanut butter toast … and just straight peanut butter. So, it only made sense to pick up The Ultimate Peanut Butter Book and make these peanut butter muffins.
These are good. But slather on some jam and they go from “Oh, my” to “OHMYGOD.” If you like peanut butter even half as much as I do, go make these now.
Peanut butter muffins
from The Ultimate Peanut Butter Book
3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt, optional
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2/3 cup sugar
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted & cooled
1 large egg, plus 1 large egg white, at room temp.
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp milk (I used coconut milk)
1. Lightly spray standard muffin tins or line with paper muffin cup. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat peanut butter, sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
4. Beat in eggs, then vanilla until smooth.
5. Scrape down sides of bowl and then beat in milk until creamy and light.
6. Remove beaters & stir in the flour mix with wooden spoon, until just moistened.
7. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. (I got about 15 muffins)
8. Bake until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in tin on wire rack for 5 minutes, then cool completely on wire rack.
Up next … Soba noodles with ginger peanut sauce. Cause you can never have enough peanut sauce.